[Cvsnt] pserver and access control?

Dennis Brennan dbrennan at alliance-consulting.com
Tue Jul 16 13:31:05 BST 2002

Hi,

I've seen a lot of posts (some contradictory) about how to control access
using pserver and standard windows 2000 security.  I'm not sure if what we
want to do is possible.  Does anyone know how to accomplish access control
by module using pserver and w2k security?  Is it even possible?

The quote below from
http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm#ACCESS says that it is
possible using cvsnt 1.11 - we are using 1.11.1.3, but it does not seem to
work.

"For CVSNT 1.10, you must use ntserver or sspi for NTFS permissions to take
effect.  Unlike CVSNT version 1.10, pserver on CVSNT 1.11 and later can use
NTFS permissions (this is controlled via the "impersonate user" option for
pserver)."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

-Dennis