[Cvsnt] Howto share files beween directorys?

Arno Zielke arno at cgs.de
Wed Jul 17 10:35:33 BST 2002

Hi all

Currently we (our company) are using VMS/CMS and MS-SourceSafe and we are in
search of a better source control system. Things got a bit complicated since we
started to port our software to Macintosh ;-)

There is one feature a cannot find in CVS.
In CMS all files of all projects resides in a flat repository. Projects are
organized by group names and a file can be a member of any group.
The programmer does a "fetch groupname" to checkout all files for a project into
his current directory.
We have a lot of files which are members of more groups/projects.
In SouceSafe we "Share" such files between projects.

The point is, we want only one copy of the file under sourcecontrol but
different copies in our "sandboxes"

Btw. I cannot change the project structure because it would affect more then
1000 files. Also the programmers don't want to change the way they are working
for years.

Does anyone have a idea?

Thanks
Arno