[Cvsnt] How to disable pserver but have SSPI working on port 2401???

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jul 23 21:43:08 BST 2002

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:23:40 +0000 (UTC), giesen at lucatec.de ("Oliver
Giesen") wrote:

>> Is it possible to have CVSNT only active on the ntserver and sspi
>> protocols?
>> I think that port 2401 is used by both pserver and sspi, and there
>is
>> no control panel setting for enabling the various protocols, so how
>> can I have 2401 open but pserver disabled?
>> I want to use the added security of sspi so I can open 2401 out to
>the
>> Internet, but I *must* disable pserver because of its inherent lack
>of
>> security.
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Tony, could it be possible to have a checkbox per protocol to enable
>> them so that port 2401 is not locked to pserver usage?
>
>Just a thought, but wouldn't removing PServer-support via
>ControlPanel\Add/Remove Software\CVSNT\Modify do the trick? I never
>even installed it in the first place. I would have expected to be able
>to add SSPI support via this method at any later point in time...
>
>Oliver

I installed from distribution just a few weeks ago and don't remember
getting any options for different protocols.

I still think that the best way would be for CVSNT to have a boolean
registry entry for each protocol and a corresponding checkbox on the
control panel applet. Then one could have full control of the
activation of the protocols and not rely on erasing a particular dll
file that will fail loading.
With this approach one could easily switch on/off the protocols
without bothering about certain protocol dependent files.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)