[Cvsnt] Couldn't connect to named pipe... error

P DoubleYa ctyete at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 21:10:50 BST 2002

We're running CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (build 57f) on a Win2K box on our local
domain. We've been able to connect to it from the box itself using either
CVS command line or WinCVS 1.3 using the :ntserver protocol, and from a
Win98 box using the :pserver protocol.

When trying to connect from another Win2K box, we get
cvs [update aborted]: Couldn't connect to named pipe on remote machine:
Error 2

This error is mentioned in the CVSNT FAQ. The proposed solution is to
share a directory between the server and the client, thus establishing
trust between the two machines on the domain.

However, the company we're working at does not allow us to share
directories between computers--it's a rule applied across the domain. We
can map to specified servers under the IT group's control, but this is
local workstation.

Wondering if anyone has a second option for working around this problem.

Thanks
Patrick