[Cvsnt] Couldn't connect to named pipe... error

P DoubleYa ctyete at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 27 00:09:35 BST 2002

> When trying to connect from another Win2K box, we get
> cvs [update aborted]: Couldn't connect to named pipe on remote machine:
> Error 2

This seems to be a problem with the cvs.exe that's used from CVS For NT.
This same error was happening from both the GUI and the command line. On
the command line, I was PATH'd to use the CVS.EXE that comes with CVS For
NT. Again, this error came up with all protocols I tried (ntserver, sspi,
pserver).

I just tried downloading the CVS.EXE build for Win32 from cvshome.org, and
that works--from the command line. It doesn't support the CVSGUI API, from
what I can see, and fails to run from CVS For NT when I point to the EXE
from the GUI/Admin/Preferences.

So--at least I can use CVS from command line. Any ideas about how to
enable CVS for NT, let me know.

Thanks
patrick