[Cvsnt] Couldn't connect to named pipe... error

P DoubleYa ctyete at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 27 00:48:34 BST 2002

> As I pointed out in my other message, it is not possible for pserver or
> sspi to generate this error message, as they don't use named pipes at
> all.

Something odd is happening. If I change the Authentication
(Admin/Preferences) to pserver, I get the following in the console

NEW CVSROOT: pwright at NNN.NNN.NNN.NNN:/project (password authentication)

When I then try Admin/Login, I get

cvs login
cvs [login aborted]: The :ntserver: protocol does not support the login
command

I have tried shutting down and restarting the app. If I choose ntserver
authentication explicitly, it rejects login ("The :ntserver: protocol does
not support the login command") so I know that the pserver change is
taking, but why that message? Could be a but in the messaging which is
misleading...

Maybe a bug in this beta build--maybe back out to 1.2?

patrick