[Cvsnt] .owner/.perm

Sebastien Abras sabdev at ibelgique.com
Tue Jul 30 09:24:23 BST 2002

Some monthes ago, there was a discussion about .perms/.owner files being cr=
eated when importing.

At that time,  I pointed out that .owner/.perms files were created only wit=
hin subdirectories of the imported directory.
For instance :
.../dir_to_import/a_subdir0
                       /a_subdir1

.perms/.owner are created within a_subdir0 and a_subdir1 but not within dir=
_to_import.

Is it the normal behaviour?
If yes, what is the point of doing that ?

Personnaly, I would prefer to have the .perms/.owner also created  within t=
he dir_to_import directory, with .owner containing the name of the user who=
 imported the project (as it is done with the subdirectory).

Regards,
Sebastien Abras

config :
=09- CvsNT 1.11.1.3 57f on the server
=09- WinCVS 1.3.8.1 beta8 build1 GUI with CvsNT 1.11.1.3 57f exe/dll
=09- pserver protocol