[Cvsnt] References for cvsnt

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jun 4 22:57:07 BST 2002

We switched to CVSNT from 'nothing' a year and a half ago. As a client
we use WinCvs.
Today we have upwards of 50-60 separate modules in CVS and these are
worked on by several different developers concurrently (of course not
all modules are active at any given time). My team is 6 developers in
strength. I don't know about scalability because of the size of the
team, but I think it will handle a good size team withot problems.

We found that it works really good, so far we have only had a couple
of incidents where I had to go in and fix stuff. In both these cases a
file could not be committed because the existing file was locked by a
left-over cvs process. After killing that the commit worked OK.
So I added a scheduled task that every night kills all existing cvs
processes. After this we have not had any problems with our
repository. It is 'rock solid'!

/Bo

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:58:10 +0000 (UTC), "Björn Beskow"
<bjorn.beskow at swipnet.se> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We are currently suggesting a customer to migrate their vc system to cvs.
>They consider using CVSNT, but wants to see referenses of CVSNT from real
>projects. Anyone have experience in CVSNT for a production project? How doe=
>it perform and scale?
>
>Any references very much appreciated!
>
>Bj=F6rn Beskow
>Callista Enterprise