[Cvsnt] cvs import problem

Matthias Mohr MMohr at SysDesign-EDV.de
Fri Jun 7 17:08:11 BST 2002

> So given that you have a folder with subfolders that you want to
> import to CVS, but not as a new module but rather as a submodule on an
> *existing* module then you can do so by specifying the location of the
> new submodule using the topmodule/submodule notation as the
> destination. BUT the topmodule *must* exist as a valid module and I
> believe that you must spell it *exactly* as it is named in the
> repository too.
O.K., that is fullfilled here.

> I just did a test of this and it works quite well through WinCvs. Here
> is the final command that WinCvs showed in the command window (wrapped
> to two lines here):
>
> cvs -z9 import -I ! -I CVS -I *.exe -I *.zip -m "no message"
> ModuleXX/imptest avendor arelease (in directory C:\Temp\bb)
>
> I have no clue as to the arguments -I ! -I CVS that appears...
Now I did it like follows:
  cvs -d :pserver:ID at srv:/Repos import -I ! -m "Initially imported." module/newdir VENDOR REL
AND IT WORKED !!!!!

Then I tried it again:
  cvs -d :pserver:ID at srv:/Repos import -m "Initially imported." module/newdir VENDOR REL
This don't work.
So it seems, that the option "-I !" is the important part.

So what does it mean ?

And, thanks a lot for your help :-)

with regards,
Matthias