[Cvsnt] Problems with CVSNT and Eclipse

Ken Delong ken.delong at valtech.com
Thu Jun 6 22:18:47 BST 2002

I'm using the 57D build of CVSNT and the F2 build of Eclipse.  I was able to
get CVSNT working, and I was able to take an existing Eclipse project and
add it to CVS.   Cool.

I wanted to test the Eclipse abilities to synch with changes from other
users.  So, from a DOS window, I did a CVS checkout to get all the files in
the project.  I modified a file, saved it, and did a cvs commit.  Then, from
Eclipse, I tried to do a "Synchronize with Repository".  This resulted in an
error.  When I try to do an "Update" on the file or the project, I get an
error.  Sometimes the error is "Error processing <file> version <new version
#>", other times it's "internal error".

It seems like Eclipse doesn't understand the new version information in the
file.  While fiddling, I did manage one time to get the file to do an
Update, but that resulted in all the changes from both users moved into the
file along with meta-comments that I had to remove by hand (the stuff I
should have seen in the "conflicting versions" synchronization window).

Am I doing something wrong?  I'm a newbie to WINCVS and the CVS features of
Eclipse.  I have no data as to whether this problem is seen with other
versions of Eclipse or WINCVS.  I followed the install instructions on Bo's
page at http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html
<http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html> .

-------------------
Kenneth DeLong
Senior Consultant
Direct: 510-517-5839 (Cell)
Fax: 972.789.1340

Valtech Technologies, Inc.
5080 Spectrum Drive
Suite 1010 West
Addison, Texas 75001
www.valtech.com
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\ken.delong\Application%20Data\Microso
ft\Signatures\www.valtech.com>  <http://www.valtech.com
<http://www.valtech.com/> >

transforming technology skills
into sustainable business value