[Cvsnt] pserver broken?

Anthony Williams anthwil at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Jun 12 10:19:58 BST 2002

"Anthony Williams" <anthwil at nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message
news:ae6skn$sc$1 at sisko.nothing-on.tv...
> "Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote in message
> news:3d06603a.1112100265 at news.cvsnt.org...
> > On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:08:31 +0000 (UTC), "Anthony Williams"
> > <anthwil at nortelnetworks.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I've just updated my cvsnt installation on my w2k box to build 57d, and
> it
> > >seems that the pserver server end is broken --- any attempt to log in
> gives
> > >an access violation in the server process. OTOH, I can happily talk to
> > >freshly-built pserver running on Solaris 8, and SSPI works fine on the
> w2k
> > >box. It also works fine as a client for either protocol.
> > >
> > >Is this a known problem? Is there a patch?
> > >
> > >Anthony
> > >--
> >
> > Did you copy in the fresh protocol dll:s too?
>

> Yes. I just did a complete uninstall, and then reinstalled it, and the
> problem persists.

Just to add to the description:

The problem lies in server.c switch_to_user --- the call to putenv for
LOGNAME (env="LOGNAME=EUROPE\ANTHWIL" in my case) causes the access
violation. I haven't worked out the cause or a fix yet.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Software Engineer, Nortel Networks Optical Components Ltd