[Cvsnt] Repost: What about log -S ?

Oliver Giesen giesen at lucatec.de
Wed Jun 12 11:55:30 BST 2002

I just stumbled over this little bit from the official CVS release
notes for v1.11.2 (http://tinyurl.com/bu5):

<quote>
* The "log" and "rlog" commands now have a -S option to suppress the
header information when no revisions are selected.
</quote>

I've always found the current behaviour of "(r)log" extremely annoying
and I've been through some major pains writing macros to accomplish
just what this new option seems to be about. When can we expect this
to be incorporated in CVSNT ? I sure do hope it's soon.
My macros are still too quirky to absolutely rely upon and having this
functionality out-of-the-box would be a tremendous timesaver, e.g.
when compiling relative release notes from the log messages.

Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ:	18777742
Y! :	ogiesen