[Cvsnt] CVSNT login pserver fails

Anthony Williams anthwil at nortelnetworks.com
Thu Jun 13 08:34:27 BST 2002

"Chitra Devi" <vchitradevi at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:20020613060447.1124.qmail at web13101.mail.yahoo.com...
> Hello,
> I have installed the latest cvsnt version. As per the
> steps given by Bo Berglund, everything is fine untill
> step 9. But, at step 10, while trying to login, I get
> an error and the message is
> cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server
> <server>: 0
>
> Could you please help me?

That sounds like the client-side symptoms of the server crashing that I
experienced --- is the server displaying lots of "CVS.exe encountered an
access violation" messages?

If that is the problem, the solution is to update to the current version
from CVS, or to use another protocol, such as SSPI.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Software Engineer, Nortel Networks Optical Components Ltd