[Cvsnt] Error: "cannot specify domain as machine is not a domain member" on Windows 2000 Server

Dan Powell Dan at Wellogic.com
Fri Jun 14 15:26:48 BST 2002

I have installed CVSNT on a Windows 2000 Server SP2 system, and am
having trouble getting pserver to do domain authentication.  I have set
SystemAuth=yes in config, and have added an entry to passwd with
"username:!domainname" but when I try to log in with
:pserver:domainname\username at cvs:/repo I get the following error:

C:\sandbox>cvs login

Logging in to :pserver:TMFI_HQ\Dan at cvs:2401/RD

CVS password: *********

cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs: cvs server:
error 0 Invalid username - cannot specify domain as machine is not a
domain member

This server is not the primary domain controller, and does belong to the
domain.  I am running the service as a domain user with "create a token"
permission.

What am I missing, here?

Thanks,

--