[Cvsnt] Yet another SSH client question with 57f

Terris terris at terris.com
Thu Jun 20 22:09:04 BST 2002

I did a "repair", which did not pull down the "ext" protocol DLL.  I guess =
"repair" merely overwrites existing DLLs and doesn't check for new ones.  A=
n InstallShield bug if you ask me, but using VS.NET to make MSI files is no=
 better.  "Modify" doesn't do anything since I didn't have any components t=
o add or remove.  This is at least the second time I have been bitten by no=
t uninstalling before installing.  I think I'll make it a habit to do so in=
 order to avoid asking stupid questions.

BTW, before I got Bo's email I resorted to Tortoise CVS which includes an S=
SH client (putty/ssh not required, therefore installation is much simplifie=
d).  Tortoise CVS has become an excellent product in its own right.  It alm=
ost replaces the need for WinCVS or the command line.