[Cvsnt] Regular expression in loginfo : Is it case sensitive ?

Arvind Raman arvind_raman_tech at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 22:10:01 BST 2002

^Utils g:\cvstools\cvsntupd.exe
g:\database\video\utilsroot\cvsroot %{}

I have the above mentioned line in my loginfo file to
automatically update my shadow folder. (I prefer
keeping a checked-out copy of the files in the
database).

I am not sure but I believe that the regular
expression being specified here is a case sensitive
one, that is to say, if somebody checks-out the module
"Utils" by specifying something like "UTILS" to the
cvs checkout command, when he tries to commit his set
of modified files to the database, a pattern match
wouldn't occur.

Am I correct ? To circumvent this problem I am trying
something like this which seems to work perfectly
fine.
^[Uu][Tt][Ii][Ll][Ss] g:\CVSTools\cvsntupd.exe
g:\database\video\UtilsRoot\cvsroot %{}

Is there a better way of doing the same thing.

regards
Arvind