[Cvsnt] PC with local repository on UNIX

Ray, Stephen L stephen.l.ray at boeing.com
Mon Jun 24 23:49:41 BST 2002

I have a PC running cvsnt and my repository is sitting on a UNIX machine.
We have users that operate either from the PCs with the repository mounted
via SAMBA or running directly on UNIX.  Everything works fine, update, edit,
status, until I do a commit.  Even the commit works fine until  it gets to
updating the repository ,v files.  At this time I get a permission error -
file xxx,v already exists.  If I have checked this file out before and am
the owner of the file the commit works correctly, if I am not the owner (cvs
or another user) is the owner then the operation fails.

Is there a simple solution to this problem?  I would like not to add the
complexity of going to a pserver type operation.

Thanks in advance,

--
[ Content of type application/ms-tnef deleted ]