[Cvsnt] CVS Security

massey at rmci.net massey at rmci.net
Wed Jun 26 16:22:02 BST 2002

Hi All!

Ok this is not just aimed at CVSNT but CVS in general. I am putting
together a CVS Server for a large programming outfit where programmers
will be using it from around the world to check in thier code.
In my readings of CVS the one issue that keeps coming up is that a CVS
Server should be a stand alone Server and should not be used for any other
Server functions, ie Printer Server, Database Server etc.
Can anyone give me some real world setup(s)info on the security? Please.

Many Thanks

Mike