[Cvsnt] Pserver protocol and localhost

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Sat Mar 2 19:14:37 GMT 2002

Richard Wirth wrote:

> for me it looks like cvs.exe can't do its work, and the port handling
> is working (because this is done by cvsservice already). I checked the
> code in cvsservice. And it looks like the "STARTUPINFO si" is only
> partially initialized. I dont know, what happens if you start a
> process at a wrong desktop/workstation. So may be the problem
> disappears when we set si.lpDesktop and si.lpTitle to NULL.

It's initialised on line 580:

  STARTUPINFO si= { sizeof(STARTUPINFO) };

This guarantees initialisation to zero of all the elements except the first.

"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh at nothing-on.tv
http://www.nothing-on.tv