[Cvsnt] Yet more DST questions

Jonathan M. Gilligan jonathan.gilligan at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Mar 19 21:30:54 GMT 2002

Thanks. I am now at SP6a on NT4 on two of my machines and
GetVolumeInformation works fine.

I share your concern about how the network layer transmits timestamps. I
will do some experiments try to determine this (hoping that this is
consistent enough for me to draw any conclusions). This came to my
attention because a user reports problems that lead me to believe that SMB
sends file mod times in local time with incorrect DST corrections applied,
and that cvs somehow interprets these times as UTC.

I may have misdiagnosed the problem, but I starting to look at what happens
when modification times are transmitted across the network.

Thanks for your input. It gives me several new things to think about.