[Cvsnt] cvsntuptd

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Mar 22 14:50:45 GMT 2002

Kyrre Kristiansen wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am experiencing problems using cvsntuptd with very long path names. I have
> a host of html created by a documentation generator, and now cvsntuptd won't
> update the web site. Anyone know of a fix?

 From CVSNTUpd.c:

WCHAR   szCommandW[MAX_BUF+1];  // widechar command

and from CVSNTUpd.h:

#define MAX_BUF	    1024

this seemed generous, but that could mean that any path longer than ~1000
characters could be unreachable.  If you can recompile the program, try
increasing the MAX_BUF.  I don't see any underlying limit to the size of the
command submitted to NetScheduleJobAdd(), but I don't like to assume anything
when it comes to M$loth code...

HTH

John

--