[Cvsnt] module help!

Phillip Foose pfoose at qusion.com
Mon Mar 25 18:01:23 GMT 2002

I have a few questions regarding setting up the cvsroot/modules file.

I am importing a fairly large existing project that contains multiple
code bases, some of which have common files, that at the moment
without CVS just have different copies, which as you know is a major
pain, and the main reason we are moving to a VCS.

This is how I want it to work, to avoid duplicating modules:

tiles volt/graphics/tiles
tilethumbs volt/graphics/tilethumbs
tiff2til_tiles -d tifs &tiles
tiff2til_tilethumbs -d thumbs &tilethumbs
tiff2til volt/utils/tiff2til &tiff2til_tiles &tiff2til_tilethumbs

The problem is that when I do a cvs checkout tiff2til, i get the
following directory sturcture:

tiff2til\
tiff2til\tifs\tiles
tiff2til\thumbs\tilethumbs

I know I can modify it to work as I want, and this is below:

tiles volt/graphics/tiles
tilethumbs volt/graphics/tilethumbs
tiff2til_tiles -d tifs volt/graphics/tiles
tiff2til_tilethumbs -d thumbs volt/graphics/tilethumbs
tiff2til volt/utils/tiff2til &tiff2til_tiles &tiff2til_tilethumbs

Which produces the desired directory structure:
tiff2til\
tiff2til\tifs
tiff2til\thumbs

I guess the point is that I want to keep certain directories under a
given easy name as (as tiles/tilethumbs), but in certain other
modules, these files need to go under a different directory name,
because the other code involved is looking for certain files in
certain places.

Is there a way around having to reproduce the different definitions in
my cvsroot/modules file (short of modifying the code itself?).

That was probably pretty confusing, but thanks in advance anyway.

Phillip