[Cvsnt] Loginfo email using DOS batch files & utilities

Eric Weidl weidl at intersites.com
Thu May 2 19:17:19 BST 2002

Hi,

>I might be missing something myself, but do you even need the "cat |"
>part of the loginfo line?  I believe CVS does the work of funneling
>STDIN to whatever program is called in loginfo...

I thought so, too, and had originally tried simply:

DEFAULT notify_users.bat

and got the same result: an email message with no body.

Interestingly, if I do:

DEFAULT cat >> $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/commitlog

I do see the stdin data in the commitlog file.

>And while I have used Blat in the past, I find Perl to be very much
>worth the effort of learning and using with CVS in a Windows
>environment.  This is especially true when you, inevitably, start
>putting more code under CVS and working with multiple modules which,
>inevitably, require different mailing and notification.

Will take that suggestion under advisement. Thanks.

Eric