[Cvsnt] Can't start CVS NT Service from panel

Richard Willis rwillis at ctf.com
Fri May 3 18:15:25 BST 2002

Access Denied :
    I believe that you need admin privaleges to start services. Check
that out.

additional info ...

Local directory :
    The service must have permissions for the folder containing the
repository. By default, CVSforNT service runs at SYSTEM level. Make sure
the folder has full read-write access for SYSTEM. The alternative is to
change the service to use a user account that has access to the folders.

Remote Directory :
    As far as I can tell, CVSforNT cannot access Letter-mounted drives
(E,F,...) from other machines. This may be due to the fact that the
service does not know about these mapped network drives, as they are
created uniquely for each user. If anyone has managed to get this to
work, I would sure like to hear about it!.

Service Advanced Settings :
    If the login accounts are controlled by a Domain Server, then you
should check OFF the "Use local users instead of domain" box. Otherwise,
the user logging in must have an account on that machine.

   - Richard