[Cvsnt] moving repository from Unix to Windows 2000

atetrault at attbi.com atetrault at attbi.com
Fri May 10 15:38:26 BST 2002

Bo,

Your installation instructions were excellent.  I thank
you so much for your help.

I moved my respository from UNIX to Windows 2000 by
tar'ing it on UNIX, FTP'ing the tar file to the W2K box
in binary FTP mode, then using WinZIP to unbundle the
tar file.  It seems to work okay, except that binary
files (.doc, .pdf, .zip, etc.) are corrupt when I check
them out.  I tried checking them out using command-line
cvs commands on the same system that holds the cvsnt
repository.  I also tried checking them out with WinCVS
from another system.

When I check them out from the original repository on
the UNIX box, the work fine.

Any suggestions?  I assume I did something wrong in how
I transferred the repository from the UNIX file system
to the Windows 2000 file system.

Thank you very much again.