[Cvsnt] email problem, using WinCVS1.3b8

William R. Kreamer wkreamer at draper.com
Thu May 9 17:30:58 BST 2002

Hello, I've gotten CVSnt working on my Windows XP Professional box, and have checked out my repository, modified and committed files, etc... successfully.  However, I get the following error when committing any file (or adding a module):

cvs commit -m "added JB6 project for MinCostRouter code" MinCostRouter.jpx (in directory D:\CVSHome\MinCostRouter\jbproject\)
RCS file: c:/cvs/MinCostRouter/jbproject/MinCostRouter.jpx,v
done
Checking in MinCostRouter.jpx;
c:/cvs/MinCostRouter/jbproject/MinCostRouter.jpx,v  <--  MinCostRouter.jpx
initial revision: 1.1
done
cvs server: cannot write entry to log filter: perl -S cvs_loginfo_email.pl ""MinCostRouter/jbproject MinCostRouter.jpx,NONE,1.1"" "wrk2481"

Although I have set up my "users" list with several emails, none get sent from my SMTP server.  It looks like a problem with my file permissions, but I don't know how to interpret the error message...  Anyone have any tips?

BTW, I have tried running "perl -S cvs_notify.pl wkreamer at draper.com" at the command line, and I get email successfully from that.

Thanks in advance,
Bill Kreamer