[Cvsnt] branches user's right

Sebastien abras at flashmail.com
Mon May 13 20:18:17 BST 2002

I have some strange behaviour with user's right within branches.

What I did is the following :

give default rwc rights for everybody : chacl -R default:rwc
restrict the right of user for the existing branch restrict_branch   : chacl -R -r restrict_branch user:r

so, now cvs lsacl gives me :

default:rwc
user:r    tag:restrict_branch

If  user gets the files directly from the branch (cvs co -r restrict_branch my_project), he cannot modify files, creates branch or sets tag.
If  he updates to the main trunk (cvs update -A), he still cannot do a thing within the project. His branch's rights were kept.

Now, if user checks out from the main trunk, he can do anything.
If he updates to the branch restrict_branch, still he can do anything. Once again, His branch's rights were kept.

Is this the normal behaviour of branches rights ? Did I misunderstood something ?

Thanks for your help and explanation,

Sebastien Abras