[Cvsnt] CVSNT v1.11.1.3 (Build 57c) crashing on login on XP

L. Li ll2li at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 14 16:48:11 BST 2002

Well, first off thanks for the reply.

Actually I confused the term system user to a user account with
administrative rights earlier. So I wasn't actually tying it to my system
user.

Anyway, I tried out all the steps you said, even to the point of following
your paranoia of spaces.. ;) But it didn't work out for me.

The only differences that I noted between your recommended steps were:

- My server is running XP Pro
- I'm running build 57c, rather than 57a.

As soon as I attempt to login through pserver authentication it crashes. To
be specific it crashes as soon as I send my password. Oddly enough, it
doesn't even matter what password I send (correct or incorrect). It simply
crashes as soon as it's sent. The following is the error signature that I'm
receiving from it:

szAppName : cvsservice.exe     szAppVer : 1.11.1.3     szModName : CSLSP.DLL
szModVer : 1.0.1027.1     offset : 00007427

Might you or anybody else have any other ideas? I've also tried v1.11.1.2
but that hangs when I try to start the service. Maybe it's an XP issue, or
something specific to my comp, since I haven't seen a single issue like
mine. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Thanks again,

news:3ce0a2f6.1186390234 at news.cvsnt.org...