[Cvsnt] Moving repositories from Unix to NT -- binary files problems

eirik.lygre at evita.no eirik.lygre at evita.no
Tue May 14 16:22:09 BST 2002

I just migrated a repository from Unix to NT, and had the CRLF-problem
described by others in various threads. The individual files were correctly
set up using "-kb", but it still failed.

The problem was actually in the way I moved files: I used tar on the unix
platform, and then winzip to extract them on NT. Now, winzip has a funny
little option (Options -> Configuration -> Miscellaneous) that says "TAR
file smart CR/LF conversion". Anybody care to guess what it does :-)

So: If you have trouble, and are extracting tar-files using winzip,
remember to uncheck this option!

Eirik

Eirik Lygre
eirik.lygre at evita.no