[Cvsnt] named pipe error 53

Daniel Lohmann daniel at uni-koblenz.de
Tue May 14 17:42:08 BST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <massey at rmci.net>
To: <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 6:08 PM
Subject: [Cvsnt] named pipe error 53

> Running Win2K Server with the latest cvsnt release. I can connect localy
> but when I try to connect remotely I get
>
> Couldn't connect to named pipe on remote machine: Error 53
>
> I thought it was my firwall so I added the port and IP address of the
> remote machine but still get the same error.
>
> Clues? Hints? Would be nice<G>

Error 53 usually means "network path not found" (something like that, I had
to translate if from German :-)

Seems that it is still not possible to access the named pipe from the
client. Besides network settings a simple typo is a very common cause for
this problem, however I'm sure you aready double-checked this.

Daniel