[Cvsnt] cvs [import aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon May 20 22:12:46 BST 2002

Hi,
CVSNT runs as a service on the server PC and by default it uses the
SYSTEM account. But, the service is acting on your behalf when it
issues the cvs commands on the server computer. In so doing it
'impersonates' your account, so all accesses to the file system will
in fact be done in your name.
However, the plot thickens when one looks at how the authentication is
done. If you connect using pserver then the CVSROOT/passwd file may
contain 'aliases' for cvs users and if it does then these aliased
system users will be the ones that need access. Maybe my installation
tips at the following URL might help?

http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html

/Bo

/Bo