Vedr.: [Cvsnt] server setup with repository on a network share

jml at nykredit.dk jml at nykredit.dk
Wed May 15 08:00:34 BST 2002

If you state the error messages you get that would help us help you! Some
of us have been running on network shares for a while...

Jørgen Møller Larsen - Nykredit Data - Koncernmetode og Arkitektur (KMF-V)
- Telefon: +45 9635 5069 - email: jml at nykredit.dk

                    "Wagner, Dean"
                    <WagnerD1 at dieb       Til:    "'cvsnt at cvsnt.org'" <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
                    old.com>             cc:
                    Sendt af:            Vedr.:  [Cvsnt] server setup with repository on a network share
                    cvsnt-admin at cv
                    snt.org

                    2002-05-14
                    22:32
                    Besvar
                    venligst til
                    "Wagner, Dean"

I know this has been covered in several messages in the archives, but none
seem to give me quite what I'm looking for.

I am running cvsnt from an NT system at my desk.  I am running wincvs 1.3
on
a 2000 system that is also on my desk, with both connected to the corporate
LAN.  I am trying to use ntserver for communications.

If I put the repository on my NT system, everything works fine.  I can
checkout from my 2000 system with no problems.  My client can access the
files directly using local communications, so it's possible to access the
files on that drive.  When I move the repository onto my network share with
ntserver, I get error messages.  By playing with different settings, I've
managed to get 3 different error messages, depending on the settings, but I
haven't managed to get it working with no errors.  What needs to be
configured differently when the repository is on a network share for
ntserver?  Does the client need to be configured differently, or the
server,
or both?  Do I have to configure NTFS settings for the drive on the server?
How about the server that is serving the network share?  Does anything
there
need configured differently?

I apologize if this information is provided somewhere, I could have missed
it.  However, I've been spinning my wheels for some time and my
understanding of what needs done hasn't measurably increased, so I thought
I'd write to see if I could get some help.

Dean Wagner