[Cvsnt] Problems with Linux cvsnt client connecting to Windows cvsnt serv er

Dziengeleski, Seth Seth_Dziengeleski at Maxtor.com
Thu May 16 19:04:11 BST 2002

Here at work we've been using cvsnt as our source repository, however until
recently it's been a purley windows network environment.  Recently I decided
to see if I could use linux to perform my daily duties as a firmware
engineer.  After downloading the linux version of cvsnt (and matching the
revision with what's on the server) I simply tried cvs login, which  failed
and I haven't been able to get past it.  I was hoping that someone on this
list might have encountered and solved this problem once before.

Here's the relevant info.

cvsnt version 1.11.1.3 (both client and server)
CVSROOT=:pserver:MMASeDzien at fwsql1/f//cvs/cvsroot
(server is on fwsql1 at f:\cvs\cvsroot and the default port is used)

sample screen output

~$cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:MMASeDzien at fwsql1:2401/f//cvs/cvsroot
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server fwsql1 rejected access to
/f//cvs/cvsroot
~$

Anyone have any suggestions to offer?

thanks for you help,