Vedr.: Re: [Cvsnt] cvs [import aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

Chris Daft daft at 127.0.0.1
Mon May 20 16:06:19 BST 2002

Hi -- thanks for your help!

Well, I have done a lot of looking at the source code and I cannot figure
out what's going on.  The error message happens when the server abruptly
stops taking to the client in the middle of a transaction.  From web
searches, this seems to mainly happen if rsh or ssh access is being
attempted, but I am not doing that.

Since I *have* to get this to work I resorted to creating a directory in the
repository, making a CVS subdirectory of the sandbox directory I want to
import, faking the 'Entries', 'Repository' and 'Root' files there, and doing
a cvs add without first importing.  This appear to work fine, but is
obviously completely contrary to the way CVS ought to be used.

Chris

<jml at nykredit.dk> wrote in message
news:OF00448FA9.FC0AFC8A-ONC1256BBC.0029F528 at nykreditnet.net...

The "modules" file is manually updated and makes it possible to make
aliases for modules and a lot of other things (see
http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_18.html). It's quiet normal that the
modules file is empty (or contain only comments like #blabla).

Jørgen Møller Larsen - Nykredit Data - Koncernmetode og Arkitektur (KMF-V)
- Telefon: +45 9635 5069 - email: jml at nykredit.dk