[Cvsnt] Re: CVSNT error handling and Eclipse/WSAD branch brow sing

Tony Hoyle tmh at magenta-netlogic.com
Thu May 23 18:54:21 BST 2002

Try:

Client/Server protocol specification:

http://www.loria.fr/~molli/cvs/doc/cvsclient_5.html

RCS file format:

http://www.nmt.edu/tcc/swinv/rcs/5.7/man/rcsfile.5.html

cvsnt will stick to these documents, and will (as far as possible) maintain
a command line
interface that applications can call that looks identical to unix cvs.

As long as Unix cvs can talk to cvsnt and vice-versa then that's a good
level of compatibility.
Trying to cope with all the quirks of 3rd party implementations would
rapidly become a nightmare.

If you can find somewhere that cvsnt breaks this then I'll happily fix it...

Tony (currently at work, reply to my normal email address
tmh at nothing-on.tv).