[Cvsnt] How do I setup pserver?

Ivancic, Nikolaj nivancic at lumicyte.com
Mon May 27 03:54:47 BST 2002

I am sorry Bo, if my message was perceived as inflammatory, and I
certainly have no intentions to devalue your efforts, nor to start a
soap-box "speech". My points were simply:

	A software effort like this one, needs to have one
moderator/editor,
	for the same reason an orchestra has a director. Otherwise a
mess gets
	created, despite the best intentions of all participants.

	Public domain software, despite being created by people who are
not
	paid for that effort, should, and most of the time is, written
	the standards that are at least as high as the "real products".
	That has been proven many times, Linux being one of the first
	proofs of such statements, Apache Web Server the next.

	I do not disagree with your assessment of the value of
"recipes",
	and I am pointing the lack of the definition of the protocols
	supported and the interaction between both the server and the
client
	(command line version or GUI based), with their environment.
	This is particularly true for CVSNT version, written from
scratch
	to run under Windows, so I would expect a very tight integration
	and a well written document about how the authentication is done
	in all of it's variants. Specifically, rather than seeing a
recipe
	how to set up the client with all variants of the underlying OS
and
	supported protocols, I would be much happier with the
understanding
	how is the authentication implemented in the terms of Win32 API,
and
	be left with my own conclusions what does that mean for each OS.

Again, I wrote too much, taking people's valuable time. I do apologize
for that :-)

Nik