[Cvsnt] building cvsnt on Solaris

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Thu May 30 12:50:29 BST 2002

On Thu, 30 May 2002 10:08:42 +0000 (UTC), "Anthony Williams"
<anthwil at nortelnetworks.com> wrote:

>I have just tried to build CVSNT on Solaris (using gcc 3.1), but linking
>failed when building the shared libraries for the protocols, because -fpic
>wasn't specified when compiling the individual source files.
>
>Also, when compiling on Solaris 8 ( as opposed to 7 ), it still tries to use
>the fake-addrinfo and fake-inet-aton stuff, even though Solaris 8 has the
>required functions, which causes a compilation failure. Defining
>HAVE_GETADDRINFO and HAVE_INET_ATON in config.h fixes this, so it would
>appear to be a configure problem.

That'll be an autoconf bug - it should be setup to look in the correct
libraries for the platform it's running on.  I just use the
AC_CHECK_FUNCS macro which is supposed to do everything automatically.

Not sure how I'd do that kind of thing manually... I'll have to look
in the autoconf instructions and see how the macro works.