[Cvsnt] Reg Creating User in CVSNT server

Arulmanikandan arulman at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 30 12:52:14 BST 2002

         I am manikandan working as programmer.I
installed both CVSNT and WinCVS my machine.

Machine Name             : pc271
OS                       : Windows 2000
Administrator(User Name) : manikandan_s
Domain Name              : PC271
( I also having normal user Arulmanikandan_s domain
name SYNCHEN01)

In my machine everything works fine.I want to add my
friend's system id to server.

Friend's machine name : pc291
OS                    : Windows 2000
Domain Name           : SYNCHEN01

When i tried the following ways but all gives error.
1)
cvs passwd -a chellamuthu_a

*****CVS exited normally with code 0*****

Adding user chellamuthu_a at pc271
cvs server: *WARNING* CVS user 'chellamuthu_a' will
not be able to log in until they are aliased to a
valid system user.

2)cvs passwd -r SYNCHEN01\\chellamuthu_a -a chella

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

Adding user chella at pc271
cvs server: error 0 Invalid username - cannot specify
domain as machine is not a domain member
cvs [server aborted]: User 'SYNCHEN01\chellamuthu_a'
is not a real user on the system.
cvs [passwd aborted]: end of file from server (consult
above messages if any)

3)cvs passwd -r SYNCHEN01/chellamuthu_a -a chella

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

Adding user chella at pc271
cvs [passwd aborted]: end of file from server (consult
above messages if any)

cvs passwd -a chellamuthu_a

*****CVS exited normally with code 0*****

Adding user chellamuthu_a at pc271
cvs server: *WARNING* CVS user 'chellamuthu_a' will
not be able to log in until they are aliased to a
valid system user.

 Could anyone solve this problem?.I have been wasting
my time since morning.If anyone solve this i very
thankful to you.

Thanking in advance
Manikandan