[cvsnt] Re: jar files in cvsnt

Shankar Unni shankar at cotagesoft.com
Mon Nov 4 18:31:45 GMT 2002

On 11/3/2002 11:31 PM, Trond Kvarenes wrote:
> Yes, I have added it as a binary, but it looks like cvsnt adds two bytes
> when committing the changes.

Then you haven't added it as binary, even if you think you have.  Those
"two bytes" are most likely "^M"s.

Go take a look at the ",v" file in the repository, and see if you see
the line "expand  @b@;" as the last line of the header (after the
"comment @# @;" line).  If you don't see this, your file wasn't added as
  binary.

"cvs rm" the file, and commit. Then add it back using the "-kb" option,
and commit.

I've been checking in .jar files with the CVSNT client (with both CVSNT
and regular Linux CVS servers) for a couple of years now, and it has
never added a "couple of bytes".
--
Shankar.