[cvsnt] Re: One statement about Spaces in module names and files please

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Nov 6 14:07:05 GMT 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:55:26 +0100, "Emmanuel Zaspel"
<ezaspel at metatec.de> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>in some posts different people state different about the usage of Spaces
>with CVS.
>What is the developers/maintainers point of view ?
>Is there a straight line for the handling of this common nature for naming
>in a Windows
>world ?

It should work in files/directories, but I don't think the
CVSROOT/modules file will work well with spaces, due to its syntax.

You'll have to do special things in the loginfo/commitinfo files also
to cope wth spaces (cvsnt does its best but the script will still need
to handle it).  We have this working here & it seems OK.