[cvsnt] taginfo execution problem

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Nov 6 14:11:32 GMT 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:01:41 +0100, "Issberner, Sven 3767 S-PP-RD-E3"
<Sven.Issberner at heidelberg.com> wrote:

>I have the following problem:
>
>after updating the CVS server to the newest version (Build 57j)
>my taginfo script, what was working fine before, now fails. WinCvs=20
>displays the message:
>
>	The following character string is too long:

This is a limitation of the cmd.exe on NT.  I'm not sure any
definitive solution was ever decided...  it only affects taginfo I
think due to the way it's called.  The taginfo call probably needs to
work like commitinfo, long term.

Playing around with COMSPEC might help (possibly pointing it to 4dos
or bash).