[cvsnt] Change the repository

David Stebbings David.Stebbings at OK-Mail.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 09:51:41 GMT 2002

When i moved our repository to a new server i just moved the directory
(e:\cvsstore) to the new machine (d:\cvsstore) and pointed CVSNT to it using
the control panel applet.

This worked fine except i got loads of .perms write access denied errors,
but I found this was to do with path change.  E: is the cdrom drive and cvs
was complaining it couldn't write temporary files to it.  Changing the drive
letter to something else meant CVS operated quietly.

ALternatively you could re-import a checked out copy of the modules you're
working on into an empty repository (move it to a temp dir first away from
your sandbox), but you need to be careful to delete any CVS control
directories (that contain text files called entries, repository, root) which
will exist in your checked out version.

Also this method will lose your revision history on the test repository, may
or may not be a good thing.

David