[cvsnt] Problems with sspi with cvsnt server not on Domain Controler

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Nov 9 07:48:26 GMT 2002

Add the username to the cvsroot like this:
   :sspi:user at cvsntserver:/repository
On a command prompt do as follows:
set CVSROOT=:sspi:user at cvsntserver:/repository
cvs login
(enter domain password for user)

After this you should be accepted on the server also in the future
even when using WinCvs (who does not accept the cvs login command when
using :sspi:) when you use the same cvsroot. The password is cached in
the registry.

/Bo

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002 01:35:40 +0100, "Emmanuel Zaspel"
<ezaspel at metatec.de> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I discover probs with the following scenario:
>
>[CVSNT Client] - On a Domain Member Workstation
>             | sspi over TCP 2401
>[FireWall] - permitting TCP 2401 traffic only
>[CVSNT Server] ----------> [ADS\DC]
>
>Only the CVSNT Server con be reached by the client. Not the DC.
>The client connect failed with the following message:
>
>cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from time.hbt.de: cvs
>[server aborted]: Authentication failed
>Error, CVS operation failed
>
>If I try it inside the net were the DC is reachable by the client it works.
>I think this is a prob with Kerberos delegation.
>
>Some ideas ??
>

>Regards
>
>Emmanuel Zaspel

/Bo