[cvsnt] Re: CvsLock Server

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Nov 11 20:05:22 GMT 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:42:50 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>John Hall wrote:
>
>> If I start to use the LockServer, will the server still work with older
>> clients or do I need to upgrade all the clients to the latest version.
>> Some people here are still using ntserver, and it is a bit of a pain to
>> have to go around and change everyone's cvsroot to use sspi (even with
>> the handy fixcvs.pl).
>>
>It'll be OK even with Unix clients as long as they're using a
>client/server protocol.  Clients in Local Mode may have probleme.
>
>Tony

As a follow-up:
Are the clients really involved in the locking process? I would
believe not since this is really a server issue. Nevertheless I wonder
why if the lockserver is not meant to be interacting with the clients
it still works through a published TCP port (2402)?
Seems illogical to me.
But I may have understood it all completely wrong also...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)