[cvsnt] pserver aliasing problem

Greg Thomas thomasgd at omc.bt.co.uk
Wed Nov 13 14:03:36 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm currently using cvsnt with the pserver interface. If in the passwd
file I specify

thomasgd:password:Administrator

then thomasgd can log on with no problems.

However, I don't like running programs unnecessarily as Administrator,
so have created a user cvsuser as suggested at
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html#PserverUsers
But, if the passwd file specifies

thomasgd:password:cvsuser

I get the following ..

C:\Program Files\GNU\WinCvs 1.2>cvs login
(Logging in to thomasgd at localhost)
CVS password:
Fatal error, aborting.
cvsuser: no such user
cvs login: authorization failed: server localhost rejected access to
/Test for user thomasgd

Trying it with the cvs from cvsnt gives a similar problem;

C:\>cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:thomasgd at localhost:2401/Test)
CVS password:
Fatal error, aborting.
cvs [login aborted]: cvsuser: no such user

The cvsuser /does/ exist. It shows up as a 'Global Account' in User
Manager, and although I've not logged in to it (*) I have been able to
run the cvs service as that user (it's now back as System - this was
just to make sure the account was OK), and sure enough, there are now
files in c:\winnt\profiles\cvsuser

(*) I can't log off from the box in question, for reasons too
complicated to go in to.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the cause?

WinNT Server v.4 SP 6, cvsnt 1.11.1.3 (Build 57j).

TIA,

Greg

--
This post represents the views of the author and does
not necessarily accurately represent the views of BT.