[cvsnt] Re: tag.c question

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Nov 14 15:30:55 GMT 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:35:05 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>Does this mean that the first space character found will stop the
>parsing of the filter program? In that case a construct like this in
>the taginfo file will not work:
>DEFAULT "C:\Program Files\CVSNT\Filterprogram.exe" $USER $CVSROOT
>because the quotes are not handled and the spacey path breaks the
>functionality....
>So my motto: 'don't use spaces in paths in connection with CVS' seems
>to hold.

There's lots of code like this all over cvs..  That particular chunk
was copied/pasted from the commitinfo routine (the taginfo routine
originally had similar code that was unix specific).   In this case
you can get around it by putting filterprogram.exe in the path.