[cvsnt] Re: Problems setting up loginfo emails

Chris Little cslittle at mac.com
Fri Nov 15 18:59:15 GMT 2002

I've figured it out.  There were two different interlocking problems.

The first was that I was testing from my Mac laptop and logging in with
pserver and Impersonation is turned on in the server.  Since my user is not
a local user to the server cvs didn't have any local permissions to run
commands.  I'll have to investigate a solution to this.

Once I switched to changing the administrative files from Windows I found
that the person who had setup up cvs (who's away on vacation.  Isn't it
always like that) didn't correctly follow the setup instructions with
CVSMailer but I thought he had so when I checked the users and loginfousers
files the current files weren't rebuilt.

It was a good process to go through.  I definitely know more about
configuring a cvs server.

Thanks,

Chris

in article 5lb8tu8acrhqh0ig6j4b1gtmob8qnc0huo at 4ax.com, Bo Berglund at