[cvsnt] Unable to correctly import *.tar.gz archives

Arvind Raman arvind_raman_tech at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 14:23:40 GMT 2002

I have been facing issues trying to import *.tar.gz
files. When I try importing these file CVS pops up a
warning message saying that the files are being
imported as unicode files while they are binary.
I tried forcing these files to binary and also as
unicode in two different experiments, but each time I
checked out the file they were different from what was
used while importing.
The problem goes when I extract the file from the .gz
archive and zip them back in the winzip format.
Is this a know problem and does there exist a solution
to it ?
I was trying to import the gawk and the sed archive in
the .gz format available from
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/

regards
Arvind