[cvsnt] Error upgrading cvsnt

Alexandre Augusto Drummond Barroso adrummond at bdmg.mg.gov.br
Tue Nov 19 20:46:55 GMT 2002

An error occurred during upgrade from v1.11.1.3 build 57j to build 57l.
Here is what I've done: stop services using Control Panel CVSNT
Interface, unzip the files in a temp directory, and copy cpl file to
\WINNT\SYSTEM32 and copy all exe and dll to CVSNT installation
directory.
I've got the following message during the file copy step: "Cannot
copy cvsservice: The requested operation cannot be performed on a
file with a user-mapped section open."
It also happened with cvs.exe and cvslock.exe files.
Anybody is using the service since it was recently installed and I
didn't give access to anybody to the server. Even though, I've
checked  twice if somebody accessed the server.
I have two questions: Is this behavior expected when upgrading?
Do I need to reinitialize the server to upgrade CVSNT? (I didn't try
it yet 'cause I'm running other processes that must not be
interrupted).