[cvsnt] Error upgrading cvsnt

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Nov 19 23:29:41 GMT 2002

You should do as follows:
1) Use control panel applet to stop the CVSNT and Lockserver services
2) Close the applet (this is really important!)
3) Copy the new files into the CVSNT installation directory
4) Copy the cvsnt.cpl file to the Winnt/system32 directory
5) Now go to control panel and open the cvsnt applet
6) Start the services again
Done...

I think that you forgot step 2 above. Then the control panel applet is
holding the service handle.
I have done these steps many times and they always worked. I have run
the installer only once on each machine, after this I just do as above
when I have new files. (I am often compiling from source.)

/Bo

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:46:55 -0300, "Alexandre Augusto Drummond
Barroso" <adrummond at bdmg.mg.gov.br> wrote:

>An error occurred during upgrade from v1.11.1.3 build 57j to build 57l.
>Here is what I've done: stop services using Control Panel CVSNT
>Interface, unzip the files in a temp directory, and copy cpl file to
>\WINNT\SYSTEM32 and copy all exe and dll to CVSNT installation
>directory.
>I've got the following message during the file copy step: "Cannot
>copy cvsservice: The requested operation cannot be performed on a
>file with a user-mapped section open."
>It also happened with cvs.exe and cvslock.exe files.
>Anybody is using the service since it was recently installed and I
>didn't give access to anybody to the server. Even though, I've
>checked  twice if somebody accessed the server.
>I have two questions: Is this behavior expected when upgrading?
>Do I need to reinitialize the server to upgrade CVSNT? (I didn't try
>it yet 'cause I'm running other processes that must not be
>interrupted).

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)